Monday, May 11, 2009

J'aime Paris!


They say Paris is the City of Love, and they don’t lie. I fell in love in Paris – with the city itself, the people, the language, the history, the architecture, and so much more. I was nervous before going because I thought that the language barrier would be a problem, and because I had been told that the Frenchies can be rather rude to Americans. The opposite was true. Every single French person I interacted with treated me with total respect and courtesy. Also, virtually all of them spoke basic English.
I found that French men are hopeless flirts and never miss an opportunity to flash you a smile or give you a wink. Normally this type of behavior might annoy me, but somehow, French men do it with such class. I couldn’t resist giving them a little charm back because they are so adorable and how could any woman resist a man speaking the most beautiful language in existence to her? It’s my theory that French men must be born romantic. I’m content to have left France with that impression of French men and to still be too naïve to have learned any of their negative qualities. :)

The French language delighted me. I wanted to learn French before going to Pairs, but now, I’m dying to start learning as soon as possible. I loved being surrounded by the language and just listening to the sounds it makes.
All the sites I went to were amazing, of course, and having only three days in Paris was really just a tease. However, I did get to see a few of the city’s charms such as: Le Musée Louvre, La Tour Eiffel, Sacré Cœur, Place de la Concorde, Arc de Triomphe, Place Vendôme, Les Invalides, and Notre Dame.

In summary, I loved it. Paris has enchanted me. Since my trip, I’ve been trying to think of any possible excuse to lay aside all my life responsibilities and move there. I’m still working on the excuse. Let me know if you can come up with one for me (remember, it would be helpful if it could pass the “parent test”). Anyway, I can only hope that returning to Paris is in my future, and recommend that you take a trip to Paris if you want to fall in love, too.

No comments: